Friday 22 June 2018

Green Circles

Every half an hour, every day, you’re online. Green circles next to a tiny picture of your pretty face.

And I wonder who you’re talking to, because it certainly isn’t me.

Last online 3m ago.

And my message is still unread. Like a piece of junk mail piled up behind a door in an empty house. A cheque left uncashed. Old clothes still with their tags.

And I tried. I HAVE TRIED to be chill. To let it all wash over me. But today I’m sick and all I want is to hear from you.

I tried.
I tried.
I tried
I cried.
I tried.
I tried.
I’m tired.

Tonight, I feel like I’m worth more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turn around where possible.

My heart complicates the situation, It takes the fourth exit on the roundabout into the half finished construction site, As it wants to ...